As the list below is by no means comprehensive, please feel free to inquire about a service if you do not see it listed.
Providing financial information to our clients in a timely and accurate manner is a commitment that we feel cannot be compromised. Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business operations will run more efficiently on a daily basis. Our firm provides a full range of cost effective accounting services including the following:
*General ledger & financial statement preparation
*Accounting system setup for new businesses
*Compilation of financial statements
*Audits and reviews
Financial Forecasts & Projections
Forecasting is a necessity when trying to effectively manage and lead a business to profitability. From simple projections to complex financial modeling, our experienced staff can assist you in achieving your company's financial goals.
Audits, Reviews and Compilations
We view our role in the financial reporting process as an opportunity to provide constructive solutions for maximizing your company's profitability and efficiency. We provide financial reporting on all three levels of assurance:
*Audit - an intensive examination with the highest level of assurance
*Review - some analytical procedures conducted with limited assurance
*Compilation - based upon client information provided and used primarily for internal use.
We view our role in the financial reporting process as an opportunity to provide constructive solutions for maximizing your company's profitability and efficiency. Audits differ from reviews and compilations, as they are an intensive examination of your company's systems and records providing the highest level of assurance.
A further description of the auditor's responsibilities:
As part of an audit in accordance with Canadian generally accepted auditing standards, we exercise professional judgment and maintain professional skepticism throughout the audit. We also:
- Identify and assess the risks of material misstatement of the financial statements, whether due to fraud or error, design and perform audit procedures responsive to those risks, and obtain audit evidence that is sufficient and appropriate to provide a basis for our opinion. The risk of not detecting a material misstatement resulting from fraud is higher than for one resulting from error, as fraud may involve collusion, forgery, intentional omissions, misrepresentations, or the override of internal control.
- Obtain an understanding of internal control relevant to the audit in order to design audit procedures that are appropriate in the circumstances, but not for the purpose of expressing an opinion on the effectiveness of the Company's internal control.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of accounting policies used and the reasonableness of accounting estimates and related disclosures made by management.
- Conclude on the appropriateness of management's use of the going concern basis of accounting and, based on the audit evidence obtained, whether a material uncertainty exists related to events or conditions that may cast significant doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern. If we conclude that a material uncertainty exists, we are required to draw attention in our auditor's report to the related disclosures in the financial statements or, if such disclosures are inadequate, to modify our opinion. Our conclusions are based on the audit evidence obtained up to the date of our auditor's report. However, future events or conditions may cause the Company to cease to continue as a going concern.
- Evaluate the overall presentation, structure and content of the financial statements, including the disclosures, and whether the financial statements represent the underlying transactions and events in a manner that achieves fair presentation.
We prefer to take a proactive vs. reactive approach to tax services. By keeping current on new tax laws and legislation, we are in a position to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize both your current and future tax liabilities. We provide our individual and business clients with the taxation expertise and knowledge that they deserve throughout the year. Tax services offered include, but are not limited to:
*Tax planning for individuals and corporations
*Return preparation for
- Estates and trusts
- Not-for-profit organizations
*Provincial and federal commodity tax planning and compliance
*Tax considerations in matrimonial settlements
*Tax effects of buying/selling a business
*Tax effective retirement and estate planning
Estate & Trust Tax Preparation
Effective estate planning facilitates the orderly transfer of assets to your beneficiaries, provides security for your surviving spouse, and can reduce or eliminate the tax due on the transfer of your business and other assets. For business owners, providing for business continuity and succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the complex process of getting your financial affairs in order.
Tax Planning & Preparation
Tax planning and preparation form a winning combination for our successful individual and business clients. Our experienced staff can develop tax-minimization strategies to optimize your after-tax position.
We gauge our worth by the personal and business successes of our clients. We can help your business identify areas negatively affecting profitability and growth and develop solutions that are practical and technically sound. In addition to acting as a sounding board for management, we provide comprehensive, flexible strategies that address the issues affecting your business. The following are just a few of the areas in which we provide consulting services:
*Accounting software selection and implementation
*Financial & retirement planning
Due to our diverse client base, we encounter a wide array of financial and tax issues. As a result, we have gained valuable experience over the years in numerous specialized areas, many of which are listed below. We feel our ability to provide such a variety of services reflects our versatility and competency, as well as our dedication to quality client service.
*Mergers & acquisitions
*Business start-up or expansion
*Cash flow forecasting